THE GREEN APPLE AWARDS FOR THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE 2017
- You are now just a few steps away from the chance of winning a prestigious International Green Apple Environment Award.
- Each entry has four chances of winning - Green Champion, Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies are awarded in each category.
- Multiply those chances by submitting as many entries in as many categories as you choose.
- Winners will be invited to the Houses of Parliament, Palace of Westminster, London to be presented with their awards.
- ENTER NOW. It only takes a few minutes to complete the form below - and the information here will make it so much easier for you.
- You can visit our website at www.thegreenorganisation.info
WHAT ARE THE GREEN APPLE AWARDS?
The Green Apple Environment Awards were established in 1994 as an annual campaign to recognise, reward and promote environmental best practice around the world
There are several different Green Apple Environment Awards campaigns. These are:
- The International Green Apple Awards for Environmental Best Practice.
- The International Green Apple Awards for the Built Environment & Architectural Heritage (incorporating The International Green Apple Awards for Beautiful Buildings).
- The Scottish Green Apple Awards for Environmental Best Practice (exclusively for Scottish companies and/or projects).
- The Irish Green Apple Awards for the Built Environment & Architectural Heritage (exclusively for Irish companies and projects).
- The Green World Awards.
THIS ENTRY FORM IS ONLY FOR THE INTERNATIONAL GREEN APPLE AWARDS FOR THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT & ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE.
WHO CAN ENTER?
Entries are invited from any company, council or organisation that is making a positive contribution to the built environment or our architectural heritage.
There are categories in both the Private and Public Sectors, with entries accepted from builders, developers, construction companies, civil engineers, architects, local authorities, housing associations, surveyors, building trades, traditional skills, material and service suppliers, wastes management companies – anyone involved in the building and construction industries.
Acceptable projects include new build, improvements, conversions, residential, restoration, commercial, streetscape, structures – everything from a flat to a castle!
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
- We will be presenting Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies in each category and the highest scorers will be announced as Green Champions.
- Winners will be invited to the prize giving ceremony in the Houses of Parliament in London and presented with a personalised Green Apple trophy and Certificate.
- You will also be given a draft press release to publicise your success, and free use of the Green Apple Winner logo. Just Google ‘Green Apple Environment Awards’ to see the acres of media coverage devoted to our winners.
- You will have the chance to represent your country in the European Business Awards for the Environment.
- You will also have the opportunity to become a Green World Ambassador. We present Green World Ambassador insignia at an additional ceremony in the Houses of Parliament and they are awarded to winners who ‘help others to help the environment’. You can help others by having your winning paper published in The Green Book, the world’s only annual work of reference on environmental best practice. We distribute this all over the UK and around the world – free of charge to reference libraries, universities, the media, etc.
- The Green Apple Environment Awards also offer automatic entry into the Green World Awards - the major global environment award campaign with the awards presented in a different country each year.
HOW MANY ENTRIES CAN WE SUBMIT?
Every company, council or organisation is entitled to a free entry in one category. Any project can be entered in more than one category.
Any number of projects/entries will be accepted from any organisation upon payment of the Additional Entry Fee of £100 + VAT each.
FREE ENTRIES CLOSE ON JANUARY 31, EVERY YEAR.
LAST MINUTE ENTRIES ARE ACCEPTED UNTIL FEBRUARY 28 EVERY YEAR, UPON PAYMENT OF THE £100 + VAT LAST MINUTE ENTRY FEE.
LATE ENTRIES ARE ACCEPTED UNTIL MARCH 31 EVERY YEAR, UPON PAYMENT OF THE £150 +VAT LATE ENTRY FEE.
APRIL - JUDGING
MAY - NOTIFICATIONS TO WINNERS AND LOSERS
JUNE - PRESENTATION CEREMONY IN THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT.
Do not send entry fees with your entries. We will invoice you as appropriate.
WHO RUNS THE GREEN APPLE AWARDS?
The Green Apple Awards are run by The Green Organisation – an international, independent, non-political and non-profit environment group dedicated to recognising, rewarding and promoting environmental best practice around the world.
THE AIMS OF THE GREEN APPLE AWARDS
- To improve environmental performance.
- To encourage the efficient use of resources.
- To enhance the competitiveness of organisations.
- To support the wider goals of sustainable development, including social benefits through community and staff involvement.
- To help Green Apple Award winners to benefit from their environmental endeavours.
WHAT THE JUDGES ARE LOOKING FOR
OUR JUDGES ARE TOTALLY INDEPENDENT. THEY ARE SELECTED BECAUSE OF THEIR APPROPRIATE ENVIRONMENTAL AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, THEIR PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUNDS AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE. THE JUDGES CAN AWARD UP TO 12 POINTS ON EACH OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA. THEY ALSO HAVE THE FLEXIBILITY TO AWARD UP TO 12 ADDITIONAL BONUS POINTS FOR ENTRIES THEY BELIEVE HAVE PARTICULAR MERIT. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE ABLE TO ‘TICK ALL THE BOXES’ TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY.
TRY TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR SUBMISSION:
1. ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFIT: DOES THE ENTRY CLEARLY IDENTIFY CLEAR ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFIT?
2. INNOVATION: DOES THE ENTRY DEMONSTRATE NEW/NOVEL SOLUTIONS TO EXISTING PROBLEMS?
3. COMMITMENT TO ACHIEVE BY SENIOR PERSONNEL INVOLVED: HAVE STAFF DEMONSTRATED THEIR COMMITMENT?
4. SOCIAL BENEFIT: HAVE COMMUNITIES OR AREAS BENEFITED?
5. ECONOMIC BENEFIT: HAVE REDUCTIONS OR SAVINGS BEEN ACHIEVED?
6. QUANTITATIVE EVIDENCE OF IMPACT: ARE THE THEORIES SUPPORTED BY MEASURABLE IMPROVEMENTS?
7. FUTURE FURTHER DEVELOPMENT PLANS: HOW DO YOU INTEND TO MOVE FORWARD?
8. POSSIBLE ADOPTION BY OTHERS: CAN OTHERS REPLICATE THE PROCEDURES?
• BONUS: AN OPTIONAL MARK TO BE AWARDED ONLY IF ANY PARTICULAR ASPECT OR THE OVERALL ACHIEVEMENT DESERVES SPECIAL RECOGNITION.
PLEASE COVER THE FOLLOWING ASPECTS OF YOUR PROJECT, AS THESE WILL FORM THE BASIS OF ASSESSMENT BY THE JUDGES
WHAT DID THE PROJECT INVOLVE DOING?
WHY DID YOU DO IT?
WHAT DID IT COST AND WHERE DID THE MONEY COME FROM?
IF QUANTIFIABLE, WHAT DID THE PROJECT ACHIEVE IN TERMS OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, ECONOMY, ENVIRONMENT AND/OR EQUITY?
WHO AND WHAT BENEFITED?
LONGER TERM BENEFITS?
WAS THERE ANYTHING INNOVATIVE ABOUT THE PROJECT?
CAN OTHER ORGANISATIONS/COMMUNITIES BENEFIT FROM IMPLEMENTING YOUR METHODS?
WHAT DID YOU LEARN FROM THE PROJECT AND ARE YOU PLANNING ANY FURTHER DEVELOPMENT?
PLEASE ALSO BE SURE TO PROVIDE DETAILS OF ANY RELEVANT ACCREDITATION OR AWARDS GAINED.
STATE IF ANY ENFORCEMENT ACTION HAS EVER BEEN TAKEN AGAINST THE ORGANISATION, TOGETHER WITH ANY MEASURES ADOPTED TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING AGAIN.